MODEST UPDATE TO THE HUGELY SUCCESSFUL LUMIN D1. We’ve added the latest (and much faster) processor to allow playback of DSD128 5.6MHz and made a few other tweaks.
The power supply is now internal. Along with a reworking of the board layout, this delivers improved audio quality over the original.
To house all this, we’ve enlarged the case and made some production refinements. As a bonus, LUMIN D2 is also now available in a black anodised finish as well as the usual LUMIN raw silver.
Of course, it includes all the usual LUMIN features: Fully balanced design including XLR outputs, DSD upsampling, DoP (DSD over PCM) support, Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, and our continuous software development programme that has seen MQA and Roon support added in the last year alone.
The Lumin APP now includes Tidal hi res music streaming (subscription required)
During the development of LUMIN A1, Lumin’s focus was to create the absolute best source at any price. No expense was spared in its production.
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
Even at this price point, the highest-grade matching components are selected, including true balanced audio outputs.
A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO:
- MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16 – 32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8MHz, 1bit, Stereo
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Ethernet Network 100Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Raw brushed aluminium
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
- DSD64 2.8MHz, 1-bit
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- 240mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2kg